'Maxi'mizing Life's Lessons - The #DMart Canter

I begin on a very honest note here. I am not the supermarket visiting, trolley lugging and shelf checking types. I last performed an extensive chore like this close to a decade ago. It was in a different country, with close ones around. Having said that, the odd visit to a mini store does happen, however the *everything is online* belief, is what has bitten me and I'm not shy to embrace it. 💃📱💻

I've been ridiculed and mocked for my mild obsession towards online shopping to such an extent that, a few of my office colleagues asked me, if I can find a bride in this manner too! What fools! *Haven't they heard of matrimonial sites!* 💑✌👂

Love stories apart, going shopping on insistence of parents is something one can't blatantly refuse. The questions that one has to dodge and the answers that have to be made up! #NotEasyPeasy 👆👏👐

One would consider groceries, condiments and toiletries shopping as a walk-in-the-park, however, it is a different zone all together. There are many tolls that one needs to pass through to #walkwithswag in this zone of contention. #price, #comparison, #adverts, #peerpressure, #assemblylinecrowd, #colorofpacks, #martservice are just a few traits for one packet of biscuits. #GodSaveTheQueen of the residence. 👋👅🙌


When it comes to fashion, there are different kinds. Office fashion, party wear, sober Indian wear, home fashion and I'm sure there are many more. Through one fashion sojourn, I learnt the difference between a maxi and a nighty (which is apparently maximum fashion for parading in the night, with an awesome feeling. Spoiler Alert: No major difference at all!) 👍


I'm glad the 'maxi' debate concluded, leading me into the short kurti v/s long kurti debate, which proved to be fodder for my mind indeed. I presume it will hold me in good stead, during my wive and husband debates. *whenever that happens* 🙏💋💕

Oh, by the way, my Mother also pushed me into agreeing to buy an extra quilt, pillow covers and toothpaste that matches my persona. That calls for a different level of thought process altogether. #howunique 💙

Whatever said and done, the visits to the supermarket aren't ever going to end and I'm sure even the *everything is online* jingle won't be my saving grace for me, in the coming years. 💝💞💪

*Amazon* *Walmart* *Tesco* *Dmart* *Big Bazaar* and many more! Long live the brick-n-mortar stores and more power to the #womanbrigade. #Unbelievable shoppers and negotiators on the big stage! #LoveMoneyLife all combined! 😊😘😉

Comments

Unknown said…
Dude, enjoy the shopping rendezvous with mommy dearest! No online experience can beat that!!
Unknown said…
Thanks. Guess the experience was riveting enough for me to last a lifetime. This could be the beginning of a new innings for me in human livelihood.

Popular posts from this blog

Grinding Your Thoughts

Pessimism as a Springboard!

Communal Imbalance in our society!