Understanding the Woman's Perspective

As alpha males (that's what it is called, right?), we tend to always live with a view that whatever decisions we take, will be understood and accepted by people with whom we have amiable relationships.

While at certain instances, a male friend might always succumb to certain whims and fancies, thanks to the nature of friendship one maintains. I've always found the woman's perspective a little hard to digest in the beginning, yet on a larger scale it does actually make a lot of sense.

Men have always lived to believe that the 'decision making' process belongs to them and whatever they come up with will make sense. The woman's perspective has been always appreciated, yet seldom taken serious.

I really do not have to dig for examples to show how and why this happens, considering that I currently live in a country, where a lot of women sacrifice their lives and careers (voluntarily or involuntarily) to become full time mothers (absolutely, nothing wrong here!). Yet, I always feel they give up a lot just to keep their families and their extended families happy.

Coming from a matriarchal society, I have had a first hand view of how important a woman's view is when it comes to decision making. My maternal grandfather has this 'nagging' habit (some, say so!) to always consult his wife for any major decisions. It could vary right from the color of the decor within the house to major financial decisions like life insurance, pension plans, etc.). Though, my maternal grandmother always keeps mentioning that she isn't too qualified to given her views, what always makes her contribute in these discussions is the 'open-up' policy which my Grand-dad has believed in through their loved association of over 55 years now.

My Grand-dad always says that, thanks to her, he knows where he must be sensitive and where he must act stern. The combined decision making allows everything to stay transparent and face challenges with togetherness.

The same scenario holds true between my Father and Mother; a generation later, where my father literally pushes her to make decisions and stands by her, come what may. My mother credits my father immensely for allowing her to pursue her career in audio transcription and the support he rendered right from their early days of matrimonial bliss. Also, the way my father lend her a helping hand allowed her to manage her professional and family commitments with elan.

I remember my father mentioning that it was my mother's constant drive to save for my education and for the family's well-being; that allowed my dad to take stock of finances in a structured way and has made us self-sufficient in  a certain capacity, years after his demise!

In all the family talk, I may have meandered from the actual crux, yet I feel these examples certainly signify the importance of listening and accepting the perspective of women. I have been thankful to a lot of women who have made some good decisions in life (though, I have always had my reservations!) and have been supportive of whatever I have done.

Though I ask for nothing in return, I just hope a lot of alpha males, give chances to women to contribute in decision-making. IMO, the when 'history' and 'mystery' combine, you open a pandora's box of opportunities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grinding Your Thoughts

Pessimism as a Springboard!

Communal Imbalance in our society!